Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day!

I decided to take the week off blogging last week in honor of Mother's Day.  The fates paid me back with the most traumatic Mother's Day I've ever experienced.  

Molly woke me up with "Happy Mother's Day" and a kiss.  She and her father made a card for me. It was off to a good start, and then Mike started making waffles.  When he decided to put the step stool away, Molly's finger got stuck, as he folded it up.  She screamed while my heart tore in half, and while Mike tried to figure out where her finger was. When her hand was free, I picked her up and took her to the couch. Mike went in search of Bandaids , etc. 

I remember a wet wash rag and cleaning blood off her hands, and the tears.  I remember looking at the cut near her fingernail while she sat on my lap.  I remember Mike putting peroxide on the wound with a Q-tip.  I remember saying, "I think I'm going to be sick."

The next thing I remember is sitting up and realizing Molly was on Mike's lap.  I stood up and said, "Oh, I peed my pants."  Then I got dizzy and Mike told me to sit down. Then he commented on how pale I looked.

I have passed out before, but never because of someone else's finger wounds, only because of my own.  I guess it was the blood and that I hadn't eaten yet.  After Mike got Molly taken care of, he helped me upstairs to draw me a bath because I didn't know if I could stand up in the shower. After he left me, I threw up the coffee I drank earlier.  Yum.

Molly carried an ice pack around for a couple hours and I lied in bed for an hour.  When he changed the BandAid later, Mike said it didn't look as bad and he thought the nail was okay. 

I hope everyone else had a much better Mother's Day than I did.  It a lot of ways mine was still good.  Molly's finger is still attached, and she's still happy and smart and beautiful.  I'm still grateful to have her and her father.  :)


 

No comments:

Post a Comment