Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Well

I am a bit inspired today.  I am so upset about this. I'm actually at a loss for words. I have an idea, why don't we change the name of tobacco to "inhaled stimulant."  Then no one will die of lung cancer.  I think it is morally reprehensible to trick people into buying something that is so bad for them.  It just isn't the same as sugar, and calling it "corn sugar" won't change that. And while I admit that I am not a doctor or a scientist, I came to this conclusion based on my own experience with it.  I encourage everyone to read labels and refuse to buy anything with HFCS in it, no matter what they call it. It is not the same as sugar.  

And frankly, I don't see why people in companies think it's okay to poison their customers, even if it is over a long period of time, just for money.  I guess since I never really had much money, I don't know what it's like to disregard the effects my actions might have on the lives of other people, even if it is only a possibility. 

I'm going to have a Penn and Teller kind of moment and say, "EFF YOU, IN THE EFFING NECK" producers of High Fructose Corn Syrup. 

Or maybe the soda companies, (and bread companies, etc.) could say, "Hey, you know what, maybe we should stop using it until we KNOW for SURE that it's not harming our customers."




No comments:

Post a Comment