Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Tuesday

I'm feeling a bit giddy this morning.  I think I might get some work done today!  (I will explain more later.)   I have closets to rearrange and cat boxes to clean out and bags of toys to go through.  Motherhood is so lovely.  (That wasn't sarcastic.)  It's also almost time for gardening again.  In fact I should probably already have started those seeds I got for Christmas.  

Yesterday, on the way home from visiting friends, we passed some Libyan protesters, and Molly wanted to know what they were doing.  So I tried to explain to her that in a country far away the people that lived there wanted to be free because their president was a mean jerk. (I tried to put it in a way that she might understand.) And then I was trying to explain that some of the people that lived there had come here to live and that they wanted to show their support for their family and friends back home.  Anyway, I just started crying and then Molly decided she wanted to go there and live.  But just for a day.  It wasn't until last night that I read just how bad it really was.  Living under that regime must have been completely unbearable for those people to continue to risk such carnage.  My heart goes out to them as I sit in my safe American home. 

But I am still in good spirits despite the state of things in other parts of the world.  I take it as a sign that things are changing for the better around the world.  Freedom often comes with a very high price unfortunately.  Meanwhile I have cleaning to do and a five year old to feed.  And a few other things on my mind.....

I am concerned about the corrosive effects of repeated viewings of Hannah Montana episodes on Netflix.   Molly has been awful saucy lately.  Nothing a few lashings won't cure.  Not really, but she has been spending a lot of time in the naughty chair the past few days.  I'm just wondering if the two things are related.  I have found in general that her behavior is often linked up with something going on in her life.  Unfortunately I don't always pick up on it right away.  And I guess I'm just supposed to know.  But then I remember when I was a kid, people would say something to me and I would think, "Can't you see it?  Can't you just tell by looking at me that there's something wrong with me?  Isn't it obvious?"  But it's not.  It's like being a television detective. And you also have to ask a lot of questions.  But overall it continues to be a joy and an honor to serve her. ( I use the term serve with a non slavery, non Hegelian mentality.  To truly serve, I think it takes love and desire, not a resignation to a lack of choices and fear for one's one life.)  OMG! I can hear the Hannah Montana dialogue behind me while I type this and it's horrible, just horrible.  ("I didn't like him, like him.")

Cheese sticks are sooooo good.  :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment