Friday, June 10, 2011

A Link

I was reading a post about emotional abuse and too many things rang true for me.  
This one was especially haunting:

Denying – denies personal needs (especially when need is greatest) with the intent of causing hurt or as punishment. Uses silent treatment as punishment. Denies certain events happened or things that were said. Denies your perceptions, memory and sanity by disallowing any viewpoints other than their own which causes self-doubt, confusion, and loss of self-esteem.


How can I continue a relationship with a person who would act this way towards me?  How can I allow or encourage my five year old to have a relationship with someone who would act this way towards me, and most likely her?   How can I allow this to continue?  The one person I wish I could ask these questions, will never understand what I'm saying and will never be able to answer them. 

Food for thought for the weekend I guess. 

H.

No comments:

Post a Comment