Thursday, April 29, 2010

Oklahoma's New Abortion Laws

Stupid, stupid. They know these laws are unconstitutional and that they will be contested. They are wasting state money at a time when they are making serious budget cuts, like the one to prenatal care for poor women. It angers me. Why? Because I feel violated. I have never had, nor do I ever intend to have an abortion, but I fail to see what that has to do with anything. It's not those assholes decision; it's mine. I feel violated on behalf of all the women who have already made an informed decision about what is right for them and their families, and have to suffer further than they already are. And frankly, who is paying for these ultra sensitive ultra sounds? Is it creating an added economic hardship on these women? Because if it was me I would refuse to pay for it, since it's not "elective".
And that's just the first abortion law. Don't even get me started on the one that says my doctor doesn't have to tell me if my child is going to be born with a birth defect. This one is even more reprehensible than the first. Women who want to have abortions have to be told that their fetuses are healthy, and women who want their children don't have to be told that their children may not be healthy. God forbid I try to prepare myself to take the best care possible of my child with special needs. OMG! If I had a bunch of money I would give it all to the Democratic Party in Oklahoma.
I think this is a cry for help. These guys really want us to fire them. Forget about changing the federal government. Let's just change Oklahoma. Please, because I don't want to have to move away.

No comments:

Post a Comment