Wednesday, December 1, 2010

The Food Drive

We decided to have a food drive for Molly's birthday instead of presents.  One of my friends had to do something for work so she took up a collection and bought lots of stuff. Everyone else brought lots of food as well.  I really thought everyone would just bring a can.  I didn't expect the level of generosity that I witnessed. Thanks to everyone who made the food drive such a success. 

So, we dropped the food off at the Regional Food Bank yesterday, Molly and I.  I loaded the car back up while she was at school, and we drove out after I picked her up.  She complained the whole way that she was hungry, which I thought was ironic.  I just told her that's what happens when you don't eat all your lunch.  :0)  Someone named Angie took our picture at the food bank, and it's supposed to be going up on the website.  But I noticed when I went to the website that Governor Elect, Mary Fallon was also there yesterday, so we'll see what happens.


No comments:

Post a Comment