Monday, March 7, 2011

The Dirty Diaper Blues

Molly is watching Elmo's Potty Time.  Actually, she wanted to watch it with her "baby".  I asked her if the baby was ready to potty train and she was alllll, "No." I guess it's never too soon to start talking about it.  :0)

I have to say that tomorrow Molly is going on her first field trip.  The principal of the school is taking all the good kids to go bowling and to eat pizza at Hideaway Pizza.  I'm so proud of her.  :0)  She's all excited about it and I told her she might get to ride on a bus.  She's been telling me all year that she wants to go to daycare so she can ride a bus.  But then she also likes to walk to school.  There are so many possibilities open to her; I'm a bit jealous. She got an application in the mail for the Dove Science Academy, and Mike and I decided to apply.  But she doesn't want to change schools and even got all upset about it. I feel bad because I don't want to make her, but I know she can't see the big picture right now.  I'm pretty sure that this is one of those opportunities that we will all regret not taking advantage of later on in life.  I'm pretty sure that no matter what we decide she'll hate us at some point for it, so I guess we'll just follow our gut.  I think the peer group would be a better influence on her later on down the line, as well.  I hate to be a snob and all, but I see some definite potential problems in at least one kid.  But, if she doesn't get in yet, she'll be fine where she is for a few years as well.  Like everyone else in the world, I just want what's best for my baby. ;0)

No comments:

Post a Comment