Thursday, March 24, 2011

Worst Week Yet

On the morning sickness front, worst week yet.  Haven't wanted to do anything.  Anything.  And Monday had a sinus headache on top with a bad cough.  I slept most of the day while Molly watched Dragon Tails. I did manage to take Molly to the park yesterday.  I hope today isn't too bad.  I haven't been able to eat my proteins either.  Just the thought of chicken makes me want to puke, let alone the smell.  And the seasonings--uggh!  Chicken fried steak is good though.   And fish.  But last night I ate salad with no dressing, and plain spaghetti noodles.  Yum.  

I haven't been keeping up too much with the Libya thing because it just angers me.  I am glad though that we-as a world community-have decided to intervene.  It was getting too hard to stand around and watch that shit going down without doing anything about it.  Having said that though, I am concerned with how easy it is for us Americans to be okay with spending so much money on war and then to resent at the very same time every penny that is spent on our own people.  I'm just saying, perhaps we could tone down some of the military spending.  I don't have any specific ideas because I don't know that much about what the money is spent on, and I certainly would not condone endangering the lives of the soldiers and other military personnel.  Or lowering their pay or benefits.  (Geez, what else is left? I don't know.)  But the wealth of this country was built on the backs of my grandparents' generation, and I don't think cutting their Medicare and Social Security benefits is the answer.  I think we owe them, at the very least, the opportunity to live out the last years of their life with dignity, and with as little discomfort as possible. And the babies, don't forget the babies. :0)

I don't know if I'm making any sense, but I feel that those of us in a position to add money to the social security pot ought to do so without grudge and vote to protect the benefits so that they may be there for us. I keep thinking what would happen to Molly and I and the unborn baby if Mike were to get hit by some jerk on a cell phone while riding his bike home from work.  I know the social security benefits wouldn't pay for everything, but it would sure help.  

I think I just get tired of hearing people complain about how much they have to pay in taxes when they are doing very well overall.  And then those same people overlook all the ways in which they have already benefited from the system, ways in which they could never have afforded themselves. And this whole tea party thing is all about dismantling a system that those people have used so that future generations won't be able to use it.  It just seems selfish and irresponsible. Not to mention morally reprehensible.  But if that's the legacy you wish to leave behind, I guess, go ahead. :(

Dammit, Sleeping Beauty just knocked over a bunch of crap. :(

One last note, I'm sure the Red Cross would love a few small donations to help out Japan.  I have a friend who used to work for the Red Cross and she said that if you designate where you want your donation spent they have to use it for that purpose, but they hardly ever get donations for the administrative costs.  My point being, I'm sure whatever and wherever you want to give will be greatly appreciated.   I sent a small donation myself wishing I could send more.

Anyway, because I'm only doing one blog post this week, I have to fit in as much stuff that is on my mind as possible.  And I just keep thinking about this.  I don't really care what people do, but there is something icky about this. I used to not think that much about the whole stripper thing, but the older I get the more I just don't like it.  And since I'm not a Christian, I don't really care how people choose to honor god.  That's their business.  However, there is something about legitimizing pole dancing and making it "fun" and something that everyone should do that doesn't sit right with me.  Disagree with me if you want.  I'm certainly not a prude, and I don't like to make a lot judgments about  sexual morality, but I find this disturbing all the same.  The only thing that I can really say is that I don't think pole dancing is cool, not for money or for Jesus.

Anyway, I hope that covers everything.  :0)

Have a good weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment