Wednesday, March 9, 2011

It's Official

I went to the doctor yesterday and got confirmation that I'm pregnant.  :0)  I got loaded up with prenatal vitamin samples and formula that expires three weeks after the baby is tentatively due. Because I have blocked out all memories of periods and dates of sex, etc.  we aren't sure when the baby is due, but we are saying October 9 for now.  I get an ultrasound tomorrow to get a better idea. In a couple weeks I will get a screening for the Down's Syndrome, Fragile X, etc.  For now, I just hope the screening comes out okay, because those sound like hard decisions. 

Because of the fatigue, it has been too easy to sit around watching tv, instead of getting things done.  There are newspapers all over the living room floor, mostly because that dang cat likes to chew on all sorts of paper products. Poor Mike didn't make it to clean the living room on his list this weekend.  

Because of the motion sickness I have felt unable to knit.  However, the other day, I decided to make myself do it anyway.  I have learned that I can sit around and watch tv and feel dizzy or I can sit around knitting and feel dizzy.  It doesn't seem to matter what I do, I'll be dizzy anyway.  So, screw it, I'll get back on the knitting.  I have a couple baby gifts to finish for a friend, and then I'll get back on it with the etsy stuff.  


I did order some cotton yarn on etsy to make wash cloths for the baby.  :0)  I also found a big sister shirt on etsy, but it's 25 dollars so I may try and make my own. I also have a pattern for knitted baby pants that I think I will make for the baby.  I also have plans for making some diapers and diaper covers.  So, I have lots to do, and I can't let the morning sickness interfere in my work habits anymore!  


Molly was so excited when I picked her up from school because she got to ride on the bus!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment