Wednesday, April 13, 2011

I Can't Believe This Is Still An Issue

So this morning I stepped in runny cat puke and dry heaved while Molly put towels over the offending piles. It's still there.  Guess what Mike gets to do tonight? Because now I have coffee in my stomach and no way am I puking that up.  

In the political arena I CANNOT believe that John Kyl said abortions are 90% of what Planned Parenthood does.  Then he said that he hadn't meant that statement to be a factual one, which I think means, he MEANT TO LIE.  OMG!

I'm not big on abortion in general, don't get me wrong, but it's not like Planned Parenthood is going around telling teenage girls to have lots of sex just so they can later convince them to have abortions.  I went to Planned Parenthood for three or four years, I did not have one single abortion, which is really the point.  It's a place to get health care for young and poor women so that they don't have a bunch of kids that they can't take care of.  I hate to play the feminist card, but is this really about something else?  Is this really about keeping women in a powerless state so that they are more easily controlled?  I really hope not.  

Because frankly, if they do succeed in dismantling Planned Parenthood and taking away life saving services, etc. they will be complaining all the time about single mothers, like they used to do in the nineties.  And since they are trying to get rid of Medicaid as well, all of those unwanted pregnancies that they claim end in abortion will grow up to be unhealthy, starving teenagers without any sense of self preservation who then will create more unwanted babies and continue the cycle.  Is this what we want for America?  

Again, I'm not advocating abortion, but rather health care services of which abortion is a small part for women of all socio-economic backgrounds.  Unfortunately the world is not a perfect place and sometimes women feel the best option for an unwanted (and sometimes wanted) pregnancy is to terminate.  It sucks.  Please don't make it harder for us than it already is.


And my last point is, we mothers make life and death decisions for our children every single day.  Sometimes it's unfair, sometimes it's cruel.  Sometimes we just do the best we can at the moment.  Sometimes you just have to trust us to do what's best.  Sometimes you just have to watch people make decisions that you think are bad for them, because it's just not your business to interfere.

Okay, I'm done.  


I have to go get blood tests this afternoon.  Yay!

1 comment: