Friday, August 27, 2010

Life Update

I'll start with the garden. That two weeks of 100+ degree heat killed the green beans, and almost did in the tomatoes. Mike kept watering though and the pepper plants seem to be doing well. I think the tomato plants are going to make a comeback.   I read somewhere that you can put down newspaper and cover it with compost to keep the weeds from taking over your flower beds.  Since there has been a bit of a chill in the air the past couple of days, that's what I did last night where the green beans used to be.  I'll let you know how it works. 

Molly's first parent teacher conference was Monday. She's doing very well. Her teacher said  it was obvious that we'd worked with her and she's pretty much ready for kindergarten.  Yay for Molly!  I shouldn't take too much credit for letting her watch PBS all day though.  :0) If only I can get Molly to understand that it's okay to tell on other kids when they hit you(or bite you, or bend your thumb backwards), and that if they tell you they don't want to be your friend anymore, they are being emotionally manipulative, and you don't need friends like that anyway.  Sigh.  Seems too complicated for a four year old.  

I'm taking the week before Labor Day off and hopefully I'll come back with some stuff for etsy and some new ideas for more exciting posts.  Have a good week and holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment