Thursday, May 19, 2011

Garden 2011

My experimental garden last year did not yield much harvest, except for the tomatoes, but I will not be discouraged.  The weather was a bit weird as well.  So far, despite the drought we started this year's planting season off with, our seeds have done well.


The corn is looking good.  I'm not sure what's going to happen with it.  I think they are a bit close together.  We have already thinned them out  a couple times.  





The tomatoes we started a bit late from seeds, so they will be a bit slower.  Mike figured out how to prune them though, so maybe they won't go crazy like they did last year.  Those other plants are the green beans.  I planted more this year, because they did pretty well last year, but I never got enough for a whole meal.  And finally!







I did way more potatoes because I don't think we got any last year.  Mike planted some carrots and parsnips that did not come up.  He put his pepper plants in the space instead.  There is squash back there and cucumbers.  We actually planted two rows of cantaloupe, but we've only got four plants, and they are tiny!


I can hardly wait to harvest something!

No comments:

Post a Comment