Monday, May 23, 2011

It's Monday Again!

How do the weeks cycle so fast?  We did have a very relaxing weekend after a very busy week. Not only did Molly get to go to the baseball game on Tuesday for being an overall good student, but on Thursday she got to go to the fire station to receive a trophy and a T-shirt for being "Reader of the Year," I guess for Pre-K.  She wanted me to go with her, I am assuming because she is still afraid of men, firemen included. She's been afraid of men since Christmas, but she's been clingy with me since, I think October.  I also finally read on the Dr. Phil website that clinginess is actually a sign that something is wrong.  So, my original assumption seems to be backed up by her behavior.  Grrr!  Not to mention that my assumption continues to be backed up by what she says.  Oh, that's for another day.  Had I to do it over again, but I don't. Lesson learned.

Anyway, I'm very proud of her. She seems to have blossomed in confidence in other areas in the past couple of months.  It's amazing to me what little effort it's been to put in her a little love, a little information, and then realize that she can just take that little bit you gave her and fly. :0)  I know a lot of it must be genetic and no real credit to me, but I think what a shame it would be to not encourage her to live up to that genetic potential, and that would be my shame. 

Molly and I have made a list of things to do for the summer.  It started with a request to go to McDonald's.  I haven't been to McDonald's in years.  (Gag!) But I guess I don't necessarily have to eat that much.  Did I mention my pregnancy sensitivity to salt?   Also on the list are, buy a Barbie (she has like nine, I think), go to the mall, get more finger paints,  learn to sew, learn to knit, and help me do the dishes and make dinner, which I usually don't feel I have the patience for.  :0)

Two more weeks left of school and then two months of summer break.  And actually I think I'm going to really miss her when school starts in August and she goes to kindergarten all day.  I realized that last Tuesday when I had to take her to school at ten.  By the time it was time for me to go get her I was going crazy!  Tomorrow she's going to the zoo with her Chesapeake mentor and I have to take her in at 8:00.  It's going to be a long day.  :)


Well, I better find my To Do List amongst all this clutter!


H.


 

1 comment:

  1. If you can find the patience to let her cook with you now, it might be easier... I wish I had with Kalia. Now, I find myself having her occupy Andre while I cook and she doesn't get the time. But this summer, I'm going to let her make something once a week mostly on her own.

    ReplyDelete