Monday, January 17, 2011

Happy MLK Day!

I would like to gently remind everyone to resist the hate and anger in a nonviolent way!  I know I need to remind myself of this everyday.  I had a minor setback in my confidence level on Friday, but after obsessing all weekend, I've decided not to spend anymore time trying to justify to myself the right I have to ask questions about what happened when my daughter gets injured at someone else's house.  I'm about ready to post up the whole story on my blog and advertise it lots of places so the whole world will know, but I don't want to do it out of vengeance, so I'm holding back at this time. I will say that it makes me sad to think that the two most important people in my life (until I met Mike and had Molly) didn't want better for me than what they were able to give.  It makes me EFFING pissed off that they don't want better for Molly.

I feel better this morning though and my confidence has returned.  I can't change the past, and I've come to terms with it (more than once).  The only thing to do now is make sure my future, Mike's future and Molly's future are as good as I am able to make it.  The two of them and whatever child or children I have are my very first priority.  And that's how it should be.  Let Martin Luther King, Jr.  inspire you to resist the hate in all parts of your life.  I personally believe that the hate is only there to cover up an empty, soulless void. And that is what is saddest of all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment