Thursday, January 6, 2011

Thrift Storing

This is one of my plans for the new year.  I want to join in the reuse and recycle thing with my crafting.  I have discovered how to make yarn from old t-shirts and you can do it with any tube of fabric.  I love going to thrift stores, and on occasion, besides finding pieces of fabric, I have found giant bags of CRAP!  I have increased my knitting needle collection immensely in this way.  I've also gotten bits of yarn and fabric and crayons and pens and markers.  You never know what you are going to get.  I like garage sales too, but that involves driving around neighborhoods at seven o'clock in the morning, and it's seasonal.  We'll see what happens with that.  Anyway, I have so many ideas about stuff to make with t-shirts, socks, etc.  (I accept donations as well!)

Does anyone else have any ideas? 

No comments:

Post a Comment