Friday, January 28, 2011

Ahoy, Friday!

Well, I didn't get any comments the other day, and only got a few views, so my experiment in tipsiness failed miserably.  That's alright. I know that  I have a lot more work to do to improve.  I'm okay with that.

Frankly, I am ready to stop feeling morose.  I think.  It would seem that standing up for what you believe in is a lonely business, especially when you are standing up to people who previously trained you to be unable to make decisions.  But I know there is one person that is depending on me to show her how it's done.  It's up to her to decide someday if I did it right, I guess.  I know that NOT standing up for yourself is also a lonely business, probably more lonely.

Things just keep getting better here in Oklahoma.  If the leaders of our state are imbecilic in their gross insensitivity to women and their reproductive lives, what does that say about the rest of us?  You know what I like to do?  Make pregnant women cry in a professional setting!  It's loads of fun.  You should really try it sometime.  Useless pregnant women!  They're worse than regular women!


Okay, so I spent a lot of time this week playing Bejeweled Blitz on the Facebook.  I do this  sort of thing from time to time and it usually has something to do with my uterus and my five year old.  (Useless women and their useless uteri!) And today is grocery day, so I'll probably fritter away another whole day doing useful things for my family, but not really getting the work done that I want to get done. It's not like I didn't do the dishes all week or change the litter boxes or anything. It's like taking Molly to school and going to P/T Conferences or making up my own conference with the teacher so that I can explain to her that Molly needs to stop "trading" stuff with other kids, none of that stuff is work, right? Just because it takes time out of my day, that doesn't make it work.  Wait a minute!  I don't need to justify myself to you or anyone else!  (Did I just have a break through?)

I did work on a flower hair clip, but I'm not completely happy with the first version. If I can just clear my foggy head a little, maybe I can sit down with a little Murder She Wrote this afternoon and make some flowers.  Cross your fingers that no one "pops" by for a visit. ( I want to be the bigger person, I want to be the bigger person, I want to be the bigger person, I want to be the bigger person......)




Back on Monday!

2 comments: